Are you wondering what kinds of things are happening in a doula workshop with CCDS? Our workshops utilize a variety of adult teaching methods to offer a unique, inspirational, and exceptional experience for new doulas! From visual teaching techniques to hands on practice, this workshop is sure to be a good fit for all kinds of leaners! Here’s a glimpse into some of the things that happen in a CCDS doula workshop.
What Makes A CCDS Workshop Unique?
As time goes on, there are more and more options for learning to become a doula. Over the years, we have worked extensively to tweak the doula workshop and training experience to move the workshop to the next level. In addition to meeting the requirement for certification with DONA International, the CCDS workshop is unique in many ways! Some ways this training can be set
- Interactive (FUN!) teaching style
- Focus on student participation for optimal learning
- On-going mentorship (via phone/text/email/facebook
- Extremely active private facebook group for past attendees( moderated by Melissa)
- Periodic conference calls with Melissa and other doulas for support
- Access to private files only available to participants such as: Melissa’s contracts, birth plan examples, and other valuable tools to use with future clients.
- Discounts on future continuing ed workshops with CCDS
Melissa is highly committed to make the training an exceptional experience for each participant. She works tirelessly to meet the needs of each workshop while staying true to the DONA International vision and mission.